Sunday, July 16, 2017

The Start of Something New

Between the Seams is born out of the complex love I have for the fashion industry. For me, there are two sides to fashion. There are two sides to me. Which is why I've had trouble trying to come up with knowing what sort of content I wanted to publish. I tried to separate my interests, until I realised that wasn't going to work.

My problem is that on one hand, I love consumerism. I love shopping. I love browsing on Net-A-Porter for hours at a time even though I cannot actually afford to buy anything on there. I love flicking through magazines and catching up on what my favourite bloggers are wearing. I could spend hours and hours wandering through a department store even though I'll come out empty handed. However on the other, aside from fangirling over Chanel handbags or hunting down where I can get the best dupe of Miu Miu sunglasses or Gucci shoes, I am also deeply interested in business, law, sustainable and ethical issues within the industry that I feel are important but rarely ever get discussed in mainstream media in the industry. I'm tired of reading about the same models and the same empty articles that have no truth or substance behind them. Fashion to me has always been more than this.


So I've decided to make this blog about my personal style and everything between - discussing topics, trends and reviews of shows. Welcome to the beginning of Between The Seams.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
BETWEEN THE SEAMS © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.