Monday, January 09, 2017

Lunching @ CAU, Southampton

I don't think that there is a time when I'm not hungry. Or thinking about food. Or eating. My bank statement is a reflection of this and can back me up.

CAU is one of the many restaurants that have just opened up in Southampton West Quay Watermark, which has an array of new and exciting restaurant. Working in one of them myself, I hadn't had the chance to venture around but on a day off and a break between assignments, I was hungry (as always) and wanted to try something new.

I have never heard of CAU before but was drawn in by their 3 courses for £12.95 sign outside. Being able to make a pig of myself at a low price is something I actively seek out to do most in life. Being a foodie is one way how I would define myself. CAU is an Argentine concept restaurant, a cuisine I have never tried before so I wasn't sure what to expect. However, it did go beyond any expectations I would've had anyway.



For starter, I ordered fish tacos; which consisted of Battered Pollock on blue tortillas with mayo, peppers, chilli and coriander made for a refreshing, unique yummy taste. Is it strange of me to say that it looked pretty too?



Unknownigly to me, argentine cuisine is known for their beef, and I'm always craving burgers. Obviously, this meant I had to order one. I got the CAU burger, which comes with Monterey Jack, chimichurri & mayo, opting for chunky fries. This burger was amazing. It was juicy and full of flavour and you could tell that it was real meat, not processed. I'm connived I can still taste it now, days after. This surprised me, as the quality was well beyond the price I paid.

By this time, I could barely breathe, could feel my stomach trying to expand and I felt myself needing a nap, forgetting all about the dessert that came with the lunch time deal. I ordered churrios, and while I'm sure they was equally just as good, I literally couldn't bring myself to eat another mouthful, so I just starred longingly at them instead, wishing I had been smart and saved some room for them. Oh well, there's always next time - no doubt there will be a next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
Powered by Blogger.
BETWEEN THE SEAMS © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.